Tips, & Tricks
Working on a Prezi yourself? Take a look at some tips and tricks we use on a daily basis. Sometimes a really small Prezi trick is crucial for realizing your ideas. So keep on trying and even when you get stuck, don’t give up.
Since each of these objects has 5 color/style options to modify, I recommend drawing out all 5. See below where I have done this for the arrow. Next, go into the CSS editor and look for it’s code. Once you have found the arrows (lines, circles, rectangles, triangles or frames) start changing the color. A nice RGB color chart would come in handy at this point. You can view one here on Wikipedia:
To use them you must open the CSS Editor in Prezi Desktop. The first three items listed in the CSS are for “font-face”. The code looks like this:
You need to copy one of the fonts listed below and paste over one of the “font-face” fonts. For example I usually replace an existing font with “HelveticaNeueLTPro-Lt.swf“. I paste this name (without quotes) into the code leaving the single quote on either side. Looks like this:
ADDITIONAL FONTS AVAILABLE ON PREZI.COM
Strikethrough = gone
ital = hidden (not listed but still available)
bold = new since previous list
CrimsonText.swf (plus -I, -B, -BI)
GentiumBasic.swf (plus -B, -BI)
JosefinSlab-B.swf (plus JosefinSlab, -BI)
PTSans.swf (plus -I)
If you want to zoom around the Prezi canvas with your keyboard you can use the shortcut keys.
Most shortcuts in Prezi are single stroke, which means there is no need to press any additional modifier keys (Alt, Ctrl, Command, etc.).
Please note: shortcuts are turned off by default, click on the options tab in the top right corner of the Prezi Editor and click ‘On‘ to enable them.
- F – Draw frame, press again to change frame type (bracket, circle, rectangle or hidden)
- L – Load a file on your canvas (image, pdf, video, swf)
- S – Draw a shape, press again to change shape type (arrow, line, rectangle, circle, triangle)
- P – Go to Path mode
- 1 – Zoom in
- 2 – Zoom out
- 3 – Rotate clockwise
- 4 – Rotate counter clockwise
- Delete, Backspace – Delete selected object(s)
- Left, Right, Up, Down – Move the selection 1 pixels
- SHIFT + Left, Right, Up, Down – Move the selection 10 pixels
- CTRL + S – Save prezi
- CTRL + Z – Undo last action
- CTRL + Y – Redo last undone action
- CTRL + D – Duplicate selected object(s)
- CTRL + C – Copy selected object(s)
- CTRL + V – Paste copied object(s)
- CTRL + SHIFT + M – Toggle screen ratio between the values: 4:3, 16:9, and off.
- CTRL + SHIFT + C – Opens the Prezi CSS editor.
- Esc (Escape key) – Finish current action or close open dialog
- Space – Enters Present mode
- Right, Left – Move Forward and Back along the Path
- Up, Down – Smart Zoom in or out
- B – Blackout the screen (move your mouse or press any other key to go back to presenting)
- Space – Advance along the path (only in Present mode fullscreen)
- HOLD X – When holding down the X key, you can pan around the canvas without clicking
- HOLD Z – When holding down the Z key, you can zoom in and out by moving the mouse up and down
- PageUp, PageDown – Move Forward and Back along the Path (not in full screen)
- Escape – End presentation
Alternatively use the prezi below to check the available shortcut keys in Prezi. Click the green buttons to find out more.